Layout

Monday, September 19, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream (without the machine!!)

When I spotted this website on one of the blogs I follow, I about jumped with happiness!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE homemade ice cream but I am unfortunate and do not own an ice cream machine, nor to I have the patience to do that shake-stuff-around-in-an-icy-bag technique they teach you in science class (at least they taught me that method in science class)  My favorite food blog Our Best Bites posted this ice cream recipe and I just HAD to try it.  And oh boy, it did not let me down.  It was so wonderfully delicious and yet so incredible simple to make.  Not exactly healthy, but let's face it.  Life can't be 100% healthy.  Cause that would just be...not healthy :-) We all need a little junk in our lives.  So bring on the ice cream!

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups heavy cream
14 oz sweetened condensed milk (I used Eagle Brand)
2 Tablespoons vanilla

INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix sweetened condensed milk and vanilla in a large bowl.  In a separate bowl, beat heavy cream until peaks begin to form.  Gently fold cream into milk mixture.  Add desired mix-ins (I used mini Oreos - Mmm Mmm GOOD!) and put into freezer for at least 6 hours.

Hello delicious homemade ice cream without the machine.  Hurray!

(sorry, again no pictures - I am camera deprived at the moment :-))

No comments:

Post a Comment